Saturday, January 22, 2011

Weddings Galore - Part 1

This weekend, I will be attending two wedding functions. This morning was the church wedding ceremony for my cousin's wedding. She married a Japanese she met at her university.

The service was held at The Sacred Heart Catholic Cathedral. The cathedral was bult in 1980/81, replacing the one that I remembered when I was a primary school student at The Sacred Heart Primary School in the 60s.

The old school still looked the same ...

... we started on the ground floor and reached Primary Six on the top floor(on the right if I remember correctly)!

The cathedral had a distinctive bell-tower.

The Main Entrance to the Cathedral.

A panorama of the interior. The murals and other interior designs were done by a Mexican Artist.

It was a good ceremony, with the priest giving some marriage advice together with the blessing.

The happy couple.

The energy and enthusiasm of the young!

Beside the Parish Hall, I could see the Stations of The Cross (see the next blog posting).

The official wedding reception will be tomorrow night (23 January 2011).

No comments:

Post a Comment