Saturday, March 26, 2011

Strongman Sabah 2011

The Strongman Sabah (Orang Kuat Sabah) 2011 is being held in Kota Kinabalu (26 & 27 March 2011). It was supposedly organised by Casero Events; but their website says "Being updated" LOL.

Since it was being held on the road beneath The Star City Conference Events Centre, I did not have high expectations ...

... which turned out to be as I feared.

It was not as if they did not have sponsors! The City Hall of Kota Kinabalu, Celcom, 100 Plus were sponsors. They even had entries from the Singapore Strongmen.

While they checked the tyre ...

... a lady was singing. The PA system was so poor that I could not hear them announce who she was, what she was singing, the name of the next competitor ...

... but anyway, I think he was READY ...

... off he went.

The tyre was REALLY HEAVY ...

... but some of the competitors did not find the tyre event difficult.

Due to the rainy weather today, some cleaning up in between competitors was required.

The usual T-shirts and caps were on sale. I was not impressed enough to buy one (also as I am rather skinny and weak-looking, wearing a Strongman T-shirt might be "looking for trouble").

There were a number of spectators (standing only). I hope they will be able to improve the event in future (perhaps hold it at the City Square with proper spectator seating).

If you are interested you can still see the events on the second day (tomorrow 27 March 2011). I would rather watch the TV live broadcast of the Formula 1 race at Melbourne, Australia.

No comments:

Post a Comment