Sunday, April 10, 2011

PIKOM Sabah Chapter Installation Banquet

I attended the PIKOM Sabah Chapter Installation Banquet last night. PIKOM is basically the Information and Communications Technology (ICT) vendors' association in Malaysia.

For us, the "man-in-the-street" types, PIKOM was familiar only for the PC fairs organised a few times each year. The Sabah Chapter for this organisation had just been formed and this was the first committee (2011 - 2013).

Hey, I knew the Treasurer / MC for the night. We went to Monkwearmouth College (we rather naughtily called it MonkeyHouse) in Sunderland almost 40 years ago!

The Committee for 2011 - 2013.

Whoa! I didn't know that the Chapter Chairman (my uncle) gets a Chain of Office! The Federal Minister and The State Minister (with ICT responsibilities) are to the right of the photo.

Entertainment was by The Summer Grace Sisters (Feng Cai Jie Mei). I knew nothing about their act.

My "taste" in music were still the oldies from the 50s to the 70s. They did some english songs from those eras.

There was a fella singing as well. I had seen his face on the AEC channel on Astro, but had no idea who he was.

There was a dance with some gold-coloured flags being waved about ...

... and a sketch about Bollywood movies & dances ... plus some malay songs (1Malaysia lah!). All in all, I had an enjoyable night & dinner with my relatives at the same table.

No comments:

Post a Comment