Saturday, May 24, 2014

Bargain Party Garage Sale Kota Kinabalu

An attempt began this morning and also tomorrow (said to go on every weekend till May 2015) for a "Bargain Party Garage Sale" held at the corridor areas of the Likas Sports Complex.


As usual with events in KK, a band provided some music. I liked that they provided music at a low volume; obviously they knew they were there to liven up the event and NOT to take over the event making it into their concert.


As usual, many stalls selling food and drinks to all the growing Malaysians!


That included myself; I bought a "Shepard's Pie" from these ladies. Although if the pie contained CHICKEN instead of lamb or beef, is it still Sheppard's Pie!!!


There were many stalls selling clothing ...


... to some stalls selling Tupperware ...


... to one selling shoes cheap (there was one at RM5 A PAIR!). I presume these were used? ...


... to the Ikea4Sabah gang. They help us KK-ians to buy stuff from Ikea KL and "kumpul" into a container for transportation to KK. If interested, look them up on facebook.


There were stalls selling women's knick-knacks ...


... to the one where "Everything Must Go". They said that you could even sell your car at this Garage Sale (I didn't go looking in the car park).


I wish the organisers good luck in making this into a successful regular event (its great to have such weekend events in KK). I would suggest that they consider some kind of cooling (perhaps some of those misting fans?), better segregation of the different types of stalls, and perhaps developing "speciality" items sold at this event (eg a certain signature dish or a signature product). Otherwise it will become an occasional visit for me.


I noticed a lot of parents coaching their kids.


Did you know that there's a board at the Complex that displayed our Sabahan athletes that have competed at International Levels? I only recognised those footballers and track athletes.

No comments:

Post a Comment