Monday, July 30, 2012

Ramadhan Bazaar - Sembulan

I last did a posting on the Ramadhan Bazaar on 21 August 2010 (the bazaar in Asia City). Yesterday afternoon I went to a nearby one in Sembulan. For the non-muslims, the month of Ramadhan is the chance to enjoy the spectacle of sights, sounds and tastes of the food sold at these bazaars.


The bazaar at Sembulan is smaller (compared to the one in Asia City). Since I walked there, the traffic jams and lack of parking did not affected me. I could see that the number of stalls had increased from last year and were better arranged.


The usual stalls were there; ikan bakar ...


... and the briyani fella (guy in the gren apron) ...


... though this stall tried to differentiate itself with the "fishy" signboard.



I had always bought the grilled fish from this stall in the past; so I continued the tradition this year ...



... this year they had expanded the menu to include grilled chicken and lamb; so I bought the lamb chop (update: very nice).


This kuih stall caught my eye as they had used the rattan tray to steamed the ricecakes (update: nice and not too sweet).


This stall promoted their ayam bamboo (said to be a Sarawakian recipe). Its those bamboo tubes in the blue box lah (update: not that special).


More stalls were extending down the road each passing year.


I did not forget to buy the air tebu.

No comments:

Post a Comment