Thursday, February 02, 2012

Kota Kinabalu City Day - 02 February 2012

Kota Kinabalu City Day was celebrated today with a parade at our Padang Merdeka. I noted that the Natikar Building re-development was completed. I last took a photo of it on 31 August 2010.


Our Kota Kinabalu Mayor led his contingent to the Padang.


Well-drilled marchers. The contingents were from the City Hall departments, local Kota Kinabalu  schools and organisations.


The DBKK Clean-up gangs with the "bugs" in the middle!


Our DBKK garbage truck and a backhoe (what relation has DBKK and backhoe?).


Both backhoe and the garbage truck needed help from the "bug" to get up the step!!!


DBKK had headhunters? Anyway, he should have "hunted" the deer rather than humans.


Our Mayor in his fine robe.


I didn't stay around for the judging for the winners.


Written permission needed to use the "turfing area" of this padang!


While at Gaya Street, I saw the Kota Kinabalu "branch" of the Kim Hing Lee fresh-pork noodles ( I took a photo of the Inanam shop on 22 July 2011).


I must confess I had no recollections of this shop/stall in the 1980s ( I did have quite a few lunches at this shop during those years).


The chinese lanterns strung across Gaya Street for Chinese New Year.


One of the few remaining chinese grocery shop in Gaya Street.


An eatery I have not seen before ...


... The Wishbone; where CHEF meant Classic, Healthy, Economic and Fast!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment