Friday, April 23, 2010

Big Moth

Found a Big Moth (about 6 inches across) hanging on the wall. I made the mistake with the previous one of trying to catch hold it to let it out of the window. Unfortunately that didn't work as its wings totally disintegrated upon my touch. So this time I left this one alone. The far distance in the photo is actually the ceiling as I have rotated the photo.

I had been reading up on photos for web use and for print use. It seemed to boil down to the dpi (dots per inch) basically. The photos in the previous postings were just quickly downsized in "Paint". This time the image was resized to 72 dpi and 640 x 480 before being uploaded to Blogger.

The wonder of the internet allowed me to find out what type of moth it was. It was a Lyssa Zampa, quite common in South East Asia.

No comments:

Post a Comment