Friday, April 02, 2010

Teo Thien Min R.I.P.


A sad occasion, one of my uncles had passed away on 31 March 2010 from a traffic accident. He was my mom's younger brother.

I remembered him best in the 60s, when I was a kid. He was operating an electrical shop in Membakut (a town some 80km south of Kota Kinabalu). At that time all the towns south were connected only by the railroad (steam-train). I remembered that his shop had an air-conditioned room (it was really a "wow" factor at that time), since he was a distributor for Sanyo products. Of course, the room was mostly used by the mahjong players!

There were quite a few years I went there on the second day of Chinese New Year (via the wood-burning steam train where the embers drifted in from the open windows and burned tiny holes in my shirt) and spent a few days there. It was an adventure using the communal toilet (too disgusting to go into details - my aunties can attest!).

I remember him as a slightly reserved kindly man who was very generous to us kids.

Rest In Peace.

1 comment:

  1. Rest In Peace... patutla lama tia nampak di membakut rupanya stay di kk

    ReplyDelete