Monday, May 16, 2011

Chinese Junk?

Having to wait for the stationery shop at Plaza Tanjung Aru to open for business, I walked around the "business" area at the car park's ground floor. I never knew why these chinese mainlanders come all the way here to sell these stuff. The proprietor had a simple bed with a mosquito net, a gas cylinder and wok. I didn't think he would be pleased if I took a photo of those items; so I didn't.

Aside from the usual pots, dishes, bowls, ceramic vases, brass feng shui objects ..., I did see some colourful items. Here's a ceramic religious figurine ...

... and one painted yellow (or was it supposed to be golden?). The proprietor told me it was a wooden sculpture under the paint ...

... a set of 6 laughing buddhas in various poses ...

... really laughing out loud! ...

... putting you in a good mood for the day? Cheap humour at RM80 (before discount)? ...

... I didn't really know what this was. It just looked interesting. I did buy a couple of clay mugs from him, so at least he didn't lose out from my visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment