Sunday, May 29, 2011

Mitsubishi Dakar Experience in Kota Kinabalu

I had not been to Alamesra before. It is mainly a residential development, opposite the Univesiti Malaysia Sabah (UMS) and also 1Borneo.

The Alam still looked Mesra ...

... only in Sabah ...

My reason for being here was the Mitsubishi Dakar Rally Experience; and not the pizza!

Nice, but I don't think it went anywhere near Dakar. BTW the Dakar rally for the past few years had been held in South America instead of Africa (too much unrest = too dangerous!!!).

You could take a ride to test out the incline angles; ...

... approach and departure angles. I have had enough of all these, and the mud as well, in those oil palm new developments I visited in the past.

Of course the main event was the ride you could have with Hiroshi Masuoka (Age 51, the 2002 & 2003 winner, with Mitsubishi, of the Dakar Rally).

Here's The Stiq! no lah ... it was only Hiroshi.

You needed to be properly attired for the ride ...

... through the mud ...

... and then even more MUD! as Hiroshi drove the wheels off the Pajero Sport...

... I said the wheels lah, NOT the bumper.

"It wasn't my driving, you piece of #!*%".

This bit of muddy track was no problem for the standard Mitsubishi pickup truck ...

A good event (carnival) for KK.

No comments:

Post a Comment