Saturday, November 05, 2011

Burnout 360 - Kota Kinabalu 2011

The similar viewpoint as the first photo in my last posting of 18 September. That's 1.5 months ago! How Time flies. There had been many events / happenings in Kota Kinabalu during that period. But my newly-found interest in ebay made me lose track of the happenings (I usually only found out after-the-event about those events!).


The occupied carpark at Likas Sports Complex was the place for Burnout 360, a car drifting competition.


 There was a stall with a lot of tiny motorbikes ...


 ... Tiny ones!



 DBKK (City Hall) took the opportunity to collect the outstanding car park fees (with a 95% discount on the penalties!).


 The competitors' cars.


 A Mitsubishi (Ahem!)


 The Most Important Vehicle on standby!


The guy on the left checking out the Volvo cars on display is an old classmate of mine (a lawyer). Using my "Sherlock Holmes" I guessed that he rode his motorbike to the jogging track.


 The course layout from one end ...


 ... and from the other end (the first corner). I thought this would be the best photographic angle, but was told by the RELA guy that it was the most dangerous corner! A competitor's car had skidded at this corner and sent some of those tyres flying onto the surrounding area.


 One of the competitor being flagged off.


 Coming out into the first corner ...


 ... drifting and smoking!


 The guy in second place (at the time I was there) ...


 Nice ...


A good crowd.

No comments:

Post a Comment