Thursday, November 10, 2011

Passport Renewal in Kota Kinabalu

Yesterday, I went to the Federal Government Administration Complex at Jalan UMS to renew my passport. The last time I did my passport was 20 years ago! So it was my first time to this place. The public parking was at Block C. It was half empty; many malaysians liked to park by the roadside along the main road!


Next to Block C was the Multi-purpose hall ...


... then there was the surau ...


... then there was the "tunnel" connecting to Block A and B (The Immigration Department is at Block B).


The "tunnel" was actually under the main approach road into the complex.


All 3 blocks looked alike; this was Block B. The National Registration Department (IC and such) is on the Ground Floor Left, while the Immigration Department is on the Ground Floor Right. FYI the cafeteria is in Block A.



Next door is one of the campus buildings of the UMS (University Malaysia Sabah).


Photocopy and passport photo services available at booths of the Recreation Club of the department. Note that your photos should be without glasses on (a good chance it will be rejected as your eyes cannot be seen clearly). Luckily for me, the girl at the photo shop in town had warned me when I took the passport photos (an old friend I met here was not so lucky; he had to re-take his photos).


Unfortunately, the "offline" gremlins struck and we all had to wait more than 2 hours for service to resume. So I amused myself taking photos of the fishes in the aquarium from a distance.


One of the good shots. Taken at high ISO, shutter priority and at full zoom. It was in one of the darker areas of the aquarium; the glass at the bright area near the light was covered by algae (see photo above).


Their slogan. They promised a one-hour service; and I got my renewed passport within the hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment