Saturday, February 13, 2010

Duck Hunting

Roast Duck Hunting, that is. Today is Chinese New Year's Eve and we are having dinner at my brother's place. So I'm hunting for a roast duck or two. I say hunting as many places are no longer selling roast duck to walk-in customers today. Practically all the production of roast ducks, roast chickens, roast pork, and char siu have been BOOKED!

No luck at Foh Sang. Crowded with "Last Minute Shoppers".


I next went to Kampung Air (It was a "Water Village" in the 60s!). But my favourite Roast Duck shop was no longer there. It was now the "Lavender Lodge".


Luckily the next door coffee shop still sells roast duck. I bought one (second one from the right!).


Not feeling fully satisfied, I went down to KK looking for "Kwong Tung Chai". It's the KK branch of a very nice roast meats shop from Inanam. Note all the "Booked" ducks and roast pork. So I bought one more. You can never have enough roast duck. I hope it keeps well in the freezer!

No comments:

Post a Comment