Sunday, February 07, 2010

KPD Tamu


Continuing with my Daughter's Photography Class Assignment, we went this morning to our local Farmers' Market. It is held fortnightly at the KPD Tamu Ground. KPD is a GLC (Government Linked Corporation) that is charged with rural development.



The schedule for this year was displayed on the Notice Board by the Main Gate. The next few Tamu will be on Feb 21, Mar 14, and Mar 28. Most of the items are also sold daily at the local markets and shops. It is an opportunity to support our local farmers directly and of course the produce are fresh.

Some of the more unusual items (to me at least) are in the following photos.



There was something called "Boneless Milkfish". Does it mean the fish is boneless? That's unlikely. Does it mean the fish has been "de-boned"? Maybe. I couldn't buy one to try as we were going to a few other locations.



Another stall that had big yams for sale attracted my attention. He was clever enough to sell the big yams at a "big" price.



So I bought one (RM15)!
I hope we know what to do with it!



There were Big Pumpkins.



There were people buying our local rice varieties.



Of course there were durians too. As the season seems to be just starting, I will wait for a week or so before buying.

I met two of my aunts (plus husbands) and one cousin at this Tamu.

All in all, an enjoyable morning with nice atmosphere.

No comments:

Post a Comment