Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Today's Weather - South East Asia Satellite Photo


Almost cloud-less @ 4am over Sabah. What else but another hot and sunny day in Kota Kinabalu. If it carries on, the newspaper articles will begin carrying stories on drought-like conditions.


Thought For The Day:

The true secret of giving advice is, after you have honestly given it, to be perfectly indifferent whether it is taken or not, and never persist in trying to set people right.
~Hannah Whitall Smith


This is very true. I treat giving advice as giving my opinion (when asked for). Another human being does not have to follow my opinion (ie advice) as he can believe in his own opinion. Note that under this "philosophy", I become partly responsible for the consequences if he follows my advice. But the quotation is talking about when my advice is not taken. I should not care if he does not accept my opinion (ie advice) as he has every right to decide whether to follow his own opinion or my advice.

Hannah Whitall Smith (1832 - 1911) was a lay speaker from the US and also wrote a book called The Christian’s Secret of a Happy Life (1875).

No comments:

Post a Comment