Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Today's Weather - South East Asia Satellite Photo

No change to the weather in Kota Kinabalu. The high humidity and clear skies will only increase the "hotness" today.


Thought For The Day:

Swallow a toad in the morning
and you will encounter nothing
more disgusting the rest of the day.
~Nicholas Chamfort


I had read the book Eat That Frog! Although the author was talking about curing procrastination and practicing time management, I like to tell myself "Eat The Frog!" each morning, so that I would do first the item I least like to do (on the day's To-Do list).

The quotation writer was Nicholas Chamfort (1741 - 1794), a french writer of comedies, political and literary articles and poetry. Interestingly he took part in the French Revolution and was also known for his botched-up suicide. He didn't managed to kill himself after shooting himself in the head, cutting his own throat and stabbing himself in the chest. He only died a year later.

He was known for his other sayings. They included:

"There are well-dressed foolish ideas just as there are well-dressed fools."

"Society is composed of two great classes; those who have more dinners than appetite, and those who have more appetite than dinners."

"I have three kinds of friends: those who love me, those who pay no attention to me, and those who detest me."

No comments:

Post a Comment