Sunday, August 15, 2010

Lido Market - Penampang Road

After taking the photo of the QE Hospital, I went to the Lido Market. I had to put the "Big Fish" photo first! Perhaps those anglers can identify the fish, I am one of those who plea total ignorance on this subject.

Lido was originally a cinema (in them old days). It later became a supermarket with a lot of stalls selling fruits, vegetables, cakes, cooked food, and a wet market selling meat and fish.

The cook at one of the stalls frying up the noodles, kway teow , mee-hoon ...

Usually pretty crowded. I usually visit once or twice a month (if I manage to find a parking space) as there are a lot of choices for breakfast items.

The wet market section. Fish, prawns, other seafood sold here. To the right would be the chicken and pork section. There's a lady selling very nice roast pork (siew yuk) and char siew there, but all usually sold out by the time I get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment